Hi all - I'm reopening this task and putting in 'needs triage' to get another round of this survey going (for ~3 weeks, per my convo with Olga). Not sure if this is the best SOP? Let me know if you need a new ticket entirely and if you have any other questions/concerns. All CTA/survey elements remain the same.
I'd like to request a quicksurveys to be deployed as soon as possible on all language Wikipedia sites (the CTA itself will be in English as the research needs to be conducted in English. If this means that we should only deploy this on English-language wikis, that is fine, but ideally all lang wikis can still see it).
Would like this to run for 2 weeks for now, and will reassess at the end of that period.
If applicable/possible, trigger would be:
XXX1) a logged out IP user makes an edit
Ideal option-->2) if not possible, show to any user who makes an edit
- if not possible, show to everyone
- Refamiliarise yourself with how to deploy a survey on https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:QuickSurveys#Configuration
- Deploy the following survey:
- The language for the quicksurveys CTA:
We are looking to learn from our users and how we can best support your experiences on Wikipedia. Please fill out a short screener survey and we may invite you to chat with us about your experiences.
Thank you in advance for your interest and for visiting Wikipedia!
The Wikimedia User Research team
- Sampling rate: 0.1%
- Length: 2 weeks
- Wikis: enwiki
- Deploy first with a sample size of 0
- Test using a query string parameter
- Deploy to sampling rate defined above
- Document on https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/QuickSurveys#How_can_I_create_a_Quick_Survey? how to write a survey so that this is easier next time!
- Turn on for logged-out users only