Page MenuHomePhabricator

Section headings no longer in edit summary
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

When I edit a specific section in an article, the section heading no longer appears in the edit summary. This only happens when using VE and not when using source editing. I have noticed this on both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

Event Timeline

Change 585029 had a related patch set uploaded (by Bartosz Dziewoński; owner: Bartosz Dziewoński):
[mediawiki/extensions/VisualEditor@master] Fix issues with treating section "numbers" as integers

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/585029

Change 585029 merged by jenkins-bot:
[mediawiki/extensions/VisualEditor@master] Fix issues with treating section "numbers" as integers

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/585029

Change 585554 had a related patch set uploaded (by Bartosz Dziewoński; owner: Bartosz Dziewoński):
[mediawiki/extensions/VisualEditor@wmf/1.35.0-wmf.26] Fix issues with treating section "numbers" as integers

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/585554

Change 585554 merged by jenkins-bot:
[mediawiki/extensions/VisualEditor@wmf/1.35.0-wmf.26] Fix issues with treating section "numbers" as integers

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/585554

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2020-04-02T18:22:08Z] <urbanecm@deploy1001> Synchronized php-1.35.0-wmf.26/extensions/VisualEditor/modules/ve-mw: SWAT: 94ded03: Fix issues with treating section "numbers" as integers (T248795; T248968; T249112) (duration: 01m 10s)

matmarex moved this task from Code Review to QA on the Editing-team (Q3 2019-2020 Kanban Board) board.

The bug affects wmf.25 and wmf.26. I only backported it to wmf.26, because the patch did not cherry-pick cleanly to wmf.25, and I didn't want to make last-minute changes to it. wmf.26 should be deployed everywhere in a few hours.

Just worked fine for me on en-wikipedia.

Indeed wmf.26 is apparently already deployed, as of 45 minutes ago: T247773#6024043. Thanks for checking!

ppelberg claimed this task.