Methods that directly modify the database should not be public.
So far, some methods where protected, some where public, in some
cases misleading LoadExtensionSchemaUpdates handlers to call them
directly, leading to dangerous behavior.
The following methods are affected:
As of this writing, the following extensions erronously use one
of the affected methods:
- Wikibase: dropTable, see T249598
- CreateWiki: modifyTable, modifyField
- ManageWiki: modifyTable
- MatomoAnalytics: modifyTable
- ArticleFeedbackv5: modifyField
- OpenIDConnect: modifyField
- MirahezeMagic: modifyField
- Wikifab: modifyField