This task is about understanding what actions affect the likelihood people will get a response to comments they post/conversations they start?
⚠️ The below has NOT yet been reviewed by Product Analytics.
What is currently knowable
- We can uniquelu identify comments posted in discussions
- We know what comment a reply is a response to at the time said reply is being written, provided said reply is being written using DiscussionTools.
- We know when an edit posted to a talk page contains a mention of another user courtesy of DiscussionParser.php 
What is NOT currently knowable
- We do not know what comment a reply written using DiscussionTools is a response to after said reply has been published.
- We do not know what comment a reply written using the full page editor is a response to while said reply is being written and after said reply has been published.
Info. that would enable us to know if and when someone's comments have been responded to
- We would need a way to relate edits/comments to each other. One way of relating said edits/comments would be automatically assigned ID attributes to each talk page comment, as T230659 proposes.
- Can you think of more "assumptive" ways of approximating response rates? A few examples that come to mind:
- When an edit  is made to a talk page, how often is that same page edited by a different user, within X hours/days?
- When an edit  is made to a talk page, how often is that same section edited by a different user, within X hours/days?
- When an edit  that contains a link to another user's user page is posted to a talk page, after how long does the "mentioned" user edit the talk page on which they were mentioned?
- When an editor starts a new section on a page where __NEWSECTIONLINK__ is present, after how long, on average, are edits made to said section by users who are not the person who started it?
- Do any of the constraints change now that we've moved comment parser code to server (T252252), and can theoretically identify comments made using full page editing after the fact? cc @Esanders
- I ask this wondering whether it will unlock this constraint, "We do not know what comment a reply written using DiscussionTools is a response to after said reply has been published."
- Ideally, we could be more specific and say, "When a comment..."