After several years being cybersquatted, the domain [[ lingualibre.org | lingualibre.org ]] could finally be rent by Wikimedia France a few days ago.
For a single reason: a " .org" domain is more inclusive than a ".fr" one, less centred on France. Also, this is the TLD every Wikimedia projects use.
It would be great from a communication point of view to do it when we deploy the new user interface T240552, probably before the end of April.
Tasks to make it effective
- [DONE] Copy the DNS zone from old to new domain
- [DONE] Add the .org domain to the nginx configuration
- [DONE] Update the deployment script
- When we're ready to do the switch: update LinguaLibre's LocalSettings.php config file
- [DONE] Change domain name
- [DONE] Change OAuth tokens
- [DONE] Change nginx conf for the old lingualibre.fr domain to redirect to lingualibre.org
- Update every links on Wikimedia projects pointing to Lingua Libre (especialy those in templates on Commons)
- Communicate about this change broadly
- on Lingua Libre itself (site notice + chat room)
- on Lingua Libre's mailing lists
- on Wiktionaries village pumps