Although editing of pages in the API Portal will be restricted, it is possible to allow logged-in users to post to talk pages to ask questions and share feedback. API Portal talk pages would use StructuredDiscussions. As an alternative, we could provide an email alias for feedback and questions.
- Evaluate the risks and benefits of opening talk pages to editing by logged in users
- Design a navigation method for accessing talk pages based on the Wikimedia style guide. Chameleon handles this via a dropdown menu in top nav bar.
- Direct feedback channel for users
- Ability for users to see answered questions from other users
- Yet another communication channel