Update: TemplateStyles seems to be unrelated from the unpredictable behavior of widgets.
This issue seems to be unrelated to platforms, as it was reproduced with Chrome on both desktops and android devices.
- Related website: https://zh.moegirl.org/Special:Version (Site in Chinese)
- Some softwares involved: Mediawiki 1.31.5 (6504d64), Widgets 1.3.0 (72d1e24), Mobile Frontend 2.1.0 (7f66849), TemplateStyles 1.0 (e5da5c0)
- Create a Widget that contains jQuery script.
Create a CSS stylesheet. Change the content model to pure CSS.
- Add the widget
and the CSS stylesheet linked via <templatestyles>onto a wiki page.
- View the saved page on mobile frontend.
- The widget behaves unpredictably; occasionally it works, but often part of the script is cut off and apparently treated as pure text.
The linked stylesheet may or may not fail.Seems to be caused by failing widgets. The problem is more pronounced if the page contain large amount of entries, for example repeated calls of templates that make use of templatestyles.Caused by the failed widget, placed in front of every template, breaking styles of all templates following it.
- The widget
and templatestylesbehave as they should.