This task will track down the redesign of 1 rack in codfw. The goal is to be able to standardize the cables ( power, network) management devices to use .
Which rack to use?
It will be good practice to use a full rack. we have the option to use rack B3 or rack C3. I will leave this to the service owner to decide which one will be ideal since we will have to depool all servers in that rack.
What Device to move?
- move the msw from U23 to U24
- move cable management for U24 to U23
- Replace old mgmt switch with new one.
- Servers will now have colored power cords: the first power supply connected to PDU 1 will have blue power cord and the second power supply connected to PDU2 will have red power cord.
- mgmt cables are replaced from 5ft and 7ft to 4ft and 6ft same for the production cables
- - Replacing the existing horizontal cable management with another type
- - Putting in a new Vertical cable manangement
- - Putting in new PDU's
June 9th or June 11th and the two options need to confirm with service owner
9:30am to 12pm CT
Manuel for db2113 : OK
Daniel for mw servers: OK
Alex for thumbor servers: OK