As a Watchlist Expiry user, I only want to see pages that I'm currently watching when I filter by watched pages in RecentChanges, so that I can focus on the pages that I currently care about.
Background: As a Watchlist Expiry user, when I view recent changes and filter to only show my watched pages, I don't want to see changes for expired items. I am guessing that Special:RecentChanges with watched filter should show the same changes as Special:Watchlist.
- Update Special:RecentChanges to support watchlist expiry, so that any expired items are not displayed when filtering by watched items
- There are at least a couple of parts to this change:
- Special:RecentChanges have a couple of filters related to Watched items ("On Watchlist", "New Watchlist changes", "Not on Watchlist"). These need to exclude (or I guess include for "Not on Watchlist") expired items.
- Work out what this part of the code is doing and whether it needs to be updated to exclude expired items.
- Check if this affects API:RecentChanges (I don't think it does...)
Steps to reproduce problem:
- Login as a user with watched pages
- Go to Special:RecentChanges?watchlist=watched
Expected behavior: You should only see changes for watched pages which have not expired
Observed behavior: You see changes for all watched pages, even if they have expired (unless they have been cleaned up from the database)