T243723 made it so people were not presented with options to switch to the visual editor in welcome dialogs or in the wikitext editor's toolbar if the visual editor had been disabled in user preferences or not enabled, on opt-in wikis.
A consequence of this change  seems to be that logged out users editing at en.wiki do not have a way, within the UI, to switch between Visual editing and Source editing.
While this "consequence" seems to be technically correct, it raises some questions (see "Open questions").
- 1. When and where was the decision made to hide the visual editor from anonymous users at English Wikipedia [and therefor led to it being impacted by the change in T243723]?**
- We are not aware of any existing agreements or decisions that stipulated the visual editor not be made available to logged out users at English Wikipedia in the WikiEditor's editing toolbar.
- 2. Aside from Polish Wiktionary, what other projects were affected by this change?  In what ways were they affected?
- See: T252482#6225875
- 3. What – if any – changes should we make to the behavior this change  introduced?
- Logged out editors of en.wiki should be able to switch to the visual editor from within the WikiEditor's editing toolbar. The evidence that led to this change and the work involved with implementing it are in this task: T253941.
- Open questions are resolved