This task is about applying those changes to all of the editing interfaces.
Editing interfaces needing updating
- WikiEditor = source mode on desktop
- MobileFrontend = source mode on mobile
- VisualEditor = visual editor and new wikitext editor on desktop; visual mode on mobile
See for more information here: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:DLynch_(WMF)/VisualEditor/Configurations
- Work on this task can begin once T254291 for additional events is resolved.
- See this comment for remaining action items: T254291#6314037
- Ideally, Editing QA can start testing this task the week of 20-July.
- Scenarios to be tested provided in this section of the QC Replying Document
- Added new column called 'Test Artifact' to provide event as seen in the browser console
- Feel free to test either logged in or logged out. If logged out, user_id=0
- Please enter values observed for the following in each Scenario:
- editing interface
The issues below surfaced during testing.
|#1||In Scenarios 3a and 3b (rows 169 & 170 ), the editor_interface field is not being logged when editing in MobileFrontend||✅No action needed||Fixed|
|#2||No action needed||not reproducible|
|#3||No VisualEditorFeatureUse events are being logged when testing at this URL: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gebruiker:RYasmeen_(WMF)/Kladblok?editingStatsOversample=1||✅No action needed||Fixed|
- 1. The "Events" and "Fields" are added to the VisualEditorFeatureUse schema in the following editing interfaces:
- 2. QA has determined whether the fields and events defined in the "Test instructions" above are firing as expected.