As a watchlist expiry user, I want expired items to be excluded from my email notifications, so that the email notification tool properly reflects pages on my current watchlist.
Background: As a Watchlist Expiry user, I only want to get email notifications for pages I am currently watching. I don't want to get notifications for expired watched items. For this reason, we need to ensure that expiring items are not included in the email notifications.
- No notification email should be sent when:
- An edit is made to a temporarily watched page that has expired
- An email should be sent when:
- An edit is made to a page that is permanently watched
- An edit is made to a page that is temporarily watched & the watch period has not expired
Steps to reproduce problem:
- Log in as UserA, go to Special:Preferences, check the option "Email me when a page or a file on my watchlist is changed" and save
- Watch $page temporarily and let it expire (e.g. use API to watch for 1 second: Special:ApiSandbox#action=watch&expiry=1 second&titles=$page)
- Log in as UserB (or anon.), edit $page
Expected behavior: UserA does not receive an email notification for the edit in step 3
Observed behavior: UserA does receive an email notification