On desktop or mobile...
- Click the notifications icon ("🔔")
- Select an @ mention from within the "Alerts" drawer [i.]
- The page is scrolled to the section your comment appeared in
- Trouble is, on pages/sections with lots of comments, it can be difficult to identify the precise comment you were mentioned in [ii.]
- The page is scrolled such that the comment you were mentioned in is visible in the viewport and you can easily locate the precise comment you were mentioned in.
- Flow solves this by presenting a vertical blue bar to highlight the comment you were mentioned in. [iii]
- It would also be nice if this happened regardless of the tool/interface used to draft it.
- 1. If we generate our own notifications, how do we avoid duplicate notifications being sent by two systems: DiscussionTools and Echo's DiscussionParser which looks every diff?
- 2. How might we technically be able to support this functionality regardless of the the tool/interface used to draft the comment-triggering notification.
|i. Alerts "drawer"|
|ii. Section scroll|
|iii. Flow's approach|