Currently, Wikidata Bridge includes some TypeScript interfaces and other definitions for general Wikibase code (e. g. Statement, Snak, ApiWbgetentitiesResponse). It might make sense to move those to some central place, where others can also benefit from them (and they’re less at risk of getting out of sync with the rest of Wikibase), and then import them in Data Bridge.
Discussed this in "task break-down":
- mentioned 3 options: check-in with wikibase (optionally use type files directly) & publish from here, add to DefinitelyTyped, create a dedicated repo & publish from there
- found https://github.com/wmde/WikibaseFrontendDataModelTypes/pull/1
- reasoned that the term "frontend" in there is not right - poke @Tarrow to get the word removed
- publish to @wmde/wikibase-datamodel-types (to not "burn" the DefinitelyTyped handle just yet)
- api type definitions (which are similar, but not identical to the datamodel types) are a reasonable next step to tackle - but can be attacked in a separate step (to not make this endeavor here too ambitious)
- maybe https://github.com/DefinitelyTyped/DefinitelyTyped/#testing can inspire how we organize the repo