One part of WMF creation is the huge toil it has:
- Keeping track all the parts, Is DNS deployed? Is CX config deployed? Are Wikimedia Messages in place?
- Creating and keeping track of sometimes up to ten patches needed to be merged across the whole fleet (mediawiki core, pywikibot, DNS, RESTbase, etc.)
- Commands needed to be executed to make sure the wiki is created without explosions (first run this and run that, do it in wrong order and all of Wikipedia will go down)
I wrote a code to actually handle this part and basically produces the checklist and the commands given the wiki creation ticket: https://github.com/Ladsgroup/Phabricator-maintenance-bot/blob/master/new_wikis_handler.py. You can see its output in description of T253029: Create Shan Wiktionary
This ticket is done:
- If the checklist and the steps needed to be done is added to the ticket automatically.
- And patches (at least most of them) are created automatically.
- Subtickets creations and closing them as resolved also handled automatically.