Page MenuHomePhabricator

Category sort of nnwiki is wrong
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

Category sort for nnwiki should be the same as nowiki, and follow the Norwegian sort order. In particular the present sorting of w:nn:Kategori:Norske forfattarar follows Å, Ø, Æ, but should be Æ, Ø, Å. The configuration should probably be similar to the one used for nowiki.

Event Timeline

jeblad created this task.May 25 2020, 1:14 PM
Restricted Application added subscribers: jhsoby, Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptMay 25 2020, 1:14 PM
jeblad updated the task description. (Show Details)May 25 2020, 1:16 PM
MarcoAurelio added a subscriber: MarcoAurelio.

I will set it to uca-nn-u-kn per
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgCategoryCollation#Language-specific_collations
and ask that the updating script be run afterwards.

Restricted Application added a project: User-MarcoAurelio. · View Herald TranscriptMay 25 2020, 1:25 PM
MarcoAurelio triaged this task as Low priority.May 25 2020, 5:26 PM
MarcoAurelio moved this task from unsorted/backlog to working on on the User-MarcoAurelio board.

Change 598509 had a related patch set uploaded (by MarcoAurelio; owner: MarcoAurelio):
[operations/mediawiki-config@master] [nnwiki] Change category collation to uca-nn-u-kn

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/598509

Deployers: after sync. this change please do run the following in a screen on mwmaint1002: mwscript updateCollation.php --wiki=nnwiki --previous-collation=uppercase (instructions). Thanks.

Change 598509 merged by jenkins-bot:
[operations/mediawiki-config@master] [nnwiki] Change category collation to uca-nn-u-kn

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/598509

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2020-05-26T11:06:16Z] <awight@deploy1001> Synchronized wmf-config/InitialiseSettings.php: SWAT: [[gerrit:598509|[nnwiki] Change category collation to (T253559)]] (duration: 01m 10s)

MarcoAurelio added a subscriber: awight.

Task left open pending the completion of the maintenance script being run by @awight and verification by @jeblad that the categories are now sorted correctly. Note that it may require purging the category page before seeing results.

The updateCollation.php script completed:

1027983 rows processed

Thank you from an nn: contributor. I've checked a few categories, and the sorting is correct now.

Jdforrester-WMF closed this task as Resolved.May 26 2020, 2:19 PM

Thank you from an nn: contributor. I've checked a few categories, and the sorting is correct now.

Awesome. Thanks for confirming. I'm glad we could be of help.