A encountered a bug in Special:CategoryTree of the CategoryTree extension. I write this report in English but I can't use English well.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Go to Special:CategoryTree and input category name that has parent category containing string that need percent-encoding (i.e. URL encoding). For example, "?title=特別:カテゴリツリー&target=人物" in jawiki.
- Click the "Show tree" button (in Japanese, "ツリーを表示").
- Click a link to parents category containing string need percent-encoding (in Japanese, it is right next to "上位カテゴリ". It is "人間".).
- After clicking the link, moved to ?title=特別:カテゴリツリー&target=%25E4%25BA%25BA%25E9%2596%2593. It shows category tree of "%25E4%25BA%25BA%25E9%2596%2593".
- The page should show a category tree of "人間".
I read the HTML tags for this part. The link destination of href attribute of a a tag that link to parent category is %25E4%25BA%25BA%25E9%2596%2593. I tried to decode it, it became %E4%BA%BA%E9%96%93 (this string is the same as the category name shown when you click "Show tree" button). And I did again, %E4%BA%BA%E9%96%93 became 人間. So a reason of this bug is a link URL to parent category is encoded 2 times.
To fix this bug, consider removing ->getPartialURL() from this line in the source code.