This task will track the racking, setup, and OS installation of alert2001
Hostname / Racking / Installation Details
Hostnames: What are the hostnames, and have you updated https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Infrastructure_naming_conventions ?
- alert2001.wikimedia.org (name convention updated)
Racking Proposal: Where should these systems be racked? Can they share with any existing systems or should they avoid any other systems sharing their rack or row?
- Same location as icinga2001 please
Networking/Subnet/VLAN/IP: What are the network details? 1G or 10G? Only one network port connection, or more? Subnet/vlan and IP requirements per connect?
- 1G, prod public
Partitioning/Raid: Is this hardware or software raid and what raid levels should be applied to each disk? What are the partitioning requirements and is there an existing partman recipe?
- SW raid, existing icinga recipe should do the right thing.
OS Distro: Stretch or Buster?
- Buster -- might as well handle OS upgrade during this HW refresh
Per host setup checklist
Each host should have its own setup checklist copied and pasted into the list below.
- - receive in system on procurement task T252032
- - rack system with proposed racking plan (see above) & update netbox (include all system info plus location, state of planned)
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - mgmt dns entries added for both asset tag and hostname
- - network port setup (description, enable, vlan)
- end on-site specific steps
- - production dns entries added
- - operations/puppet update (install_server at minimum, other files if possible)
- - OS installation
- - puppet accept/initial run (with role:spare)
- - host state in netbox set to staged
Once the system(s) above have had all checkbox steps completed, this task can be resolved.