Original docs: https://en.wikipedia.org/api/rest_v1/#/Feed
- Research Wikifeeds API and docs
- Duplicate docs
- Reformat as wikitext
- Add code samples
- Change URLs to api.wikimedia.org
- Featured endpoint:
- Original documentation does not appear to be 100% complete based on endpoint responses (For example: type, wikibase_item, and content_urls are missing from the featured endpoint docs but appear in the response)
- The featured endpoint image section seems to be retrieving the featured image from Wikimedia Commons regardless of the image featured on the individual Wikipedia. This section seems to always include the image description in English, even when a description is available in the target language.
- The featured endpoint seems to provide at least mostread and image content for the top 300 Wikipedias. Wikipedia in the 1+ articles section do not seem to be supported by the featured endpoint.
- Announcements endpoint: I wasn't able to find a wiki that returns any announcements via this endpoint. The availability endpoint does not list wiki availability for the announcements endpoint.
- On this day endpoint:
- Similar level of completeness in original docs vs. response as the featured endpoint
- Response includes a text blurb and a year accompanied by an array of page objects that represent links relevant to the event