- Create the timeline (starts ~July 1st, ends ???)
- Tell the tech folks T254614: Notify "tech audiences" about signature requirement consultation outcomes
- Post in Tech/News
- Write necessary documentation T254613: Post final requirements and implementation plan to proposal page + ???
- Generate lists of affected editors
- Tell affected editors in groups T254616: Post messages on user talk pages people affected by new requirements
- Announce the end of the "grandfathering" period
Quick update: The software change has been "live" for about two weeks, and the plain-fancy-sig error at enwiki (the wiki with the most errors) has declined from 1000+ to ~850 since then. Since our lists are only people who have made an edit during the preceding 30 days, I think this is largely new editors rolling through the system. I'm therefore going to postpone individual messages until the software has been in place for a minimum of 30 days, so that we can minimize the number of messages being sent (and therefore reduce the risk of flooding anyone's watchlist).