- ✅ pass: 22/31 (71%)
- 💔 partially pass: 5/31 (16%)
- ❌ fail: 4/31 (13%)
MediaWiki-Docker is a Docker based development environment included with MediaWiki Core.
MediaWiki has Core, extensions and skins. Core, an extension or a skin is in a Git repository. There are repositories with MediaWiki-Docker documentation (example: VisualEditor) but without Selenium tests. The task is limited to creating documentation only for repositories with Selenium tests. If a repository doesn't have a Selenium test suite, it's hard to check if it's set up correctly. If a repository has a Selenium test suite, running it will show if the repository is set up correctly. Of course, that's limited by the test suite. If it doesn't check all important features, something might still be broken. But, that's outside of the scope of this task.
The purpose of this task is to get Selenium tests passing in as many repositories as possible. Ideally, in all of them. In some repositories all tests are already passing. In some, some tests are passing, some are failing. In some, all tests are failing.
To make the tests pass for a repository:
- Read the MediaWiki-Docker documentation for the repository. Example: MediaWiki-Docker/Extension/AbuseFilter.
- Set up the repository on your machine.
- Run Selenium tests.
- Read the repository documentation. Example: Extension:AbuseFilter.
- You might need to read repository source code. Example: AbuseFilter.
- You might need to contact developers of the repository. Developers/Maintainers lists which team is in charge of which repository.
- Find what's missing from the MediaWiki-Docker documentation for the repository. Update the page. If the Selenium tests pass, you're done.
- Repositories with Selenium tests: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Selenium/Reference/Example_Code
- Skin and extension dependencies: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/plugins/gitiles/integration/config/+/refs/heads/master/zuul/parameter_functions.py#131