The mobileapps service is currently running in the Beta Cluster on the deployment-mcs01 instance. We should create a new instance, using the role::beta::docker_services Puppet role, to host the Dockerized service using images from the deployment pipeline. The configuration will be similar to that used on deployment-push-notifications01.
To reduce confusion and match the configuration on k8s, I would suggest updating the naming convention to use the technical service name 'mobileapps' rather than the informal 'pcs', making this new instance deployment-mobileapps01 (or, for additional clarity, deployment-docker-mobileapps01).
- Create new instance deployment-mobileapps01 (or deployment-docker-mobileapps01) from the latest Debian Buster image
- Update the Puppet SSL cert to get Puppet running successfully with the Beta Cluster puppetmaster (see P7162 for an example of the procedure)
- Add required hiera config, including the service configuration
- Apply the role::beta::docker_services and ensure Puppet still runs successfully
- Verify that the service is correctly serving internal requests
- Create a security group (if needed) to expose the service port (8888) to incoming traffic, and apply it to deployment-[docker-]mobileapps01
- Migrate any existing references to deployment-mcs01 to deployment-[docker-]mobileapps01
- Destroy deployment-mcs01