In code review we have agreed to follow some conventions. These conventions should be documented for other developers as well as for ourselves that we do not forget.
We should do:
- Write a developer guide: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Extension:Translate/Developer_guide
- Link it from approrpiate places:
- Help:Extension:Translate main page
- Help:Extension:Translate navigation template
- Somewhere in Translate code repository
Review the page for
- coverage of appropriate content
- fluent (enough) language
New developers are aware of the local conventions then they change Translate code, either by discovering this documentation themselves, or after being told about it.