Project Name: mailman
Purpose: Having one or two dedicated instances to setup upgraded version of mailman (mailman3), puppetize it and make it ready to be shipped to production
Brief description: As part of T52864: Upgrade GNU Mailman from 2.1 to Mailman3 I need some small instances to install mailman3 and puppetize it so it would ease the work of upgrading mailman in production. I have done this already in beta cluster (not puppetized) which you can find it in https://lists-beta.wmflabs.org (and it works just fine, please take a look) but people told me that I should have a separate project for it for quota reasons, lifecylces, issues with cherry-picking puppet and more. It needs at least one public IP (maybe two for a secondary test system if you have enough resources), so the MTA (exim4 in this case) would be able to receive mail. Mailman3 has many more functionalities compared to mailman2:
- Much better UI easing the work of moderators and admins
- Much better security, not sharing passwords, not storing them as plaintext, etc.
- Ability to send mail from the web interface
- Ability to search through archives.
- Having actual database for archives of emails and also actual database for settings and users so we can backup and recovery, HA, etc.
How soon you are hoping this can be fulfilled: The work on this is done slow and as volunteer. And once we are done, we can disband this project. So any time that works for you, is fine for me.