Since the new version of the Stable Interface policy has been approved (T255803), the annotations added so far (T247862) need to be updated to conform to the new version of the policy. This should be done before the 1.35 release is branched. Specifically, the following should be replaced:
- @stable for calling by @stable to call
- @stable for subclassing by @stable to extend
- @stable for overriding by @stable to override
- @stable for implementation by @stable to implement
- @unstable for implementation by @stable to type
The @newable annotation remains the same, as do @unstable, @internal, and @deprecated.