Currently our infinite scroll behavior is a bit jarring and doesn't allow users to ever reach the footer.
In order to improve this experience:
- We currently load about 40 photos and don't start loading the next batch until you've reached the bottom. Can we start the next batch loading as soon as a person starts scrolling in order to limit the abrupt stop/loading icon once you get to that 10th ish row? Up for any other ideas or approaches to make the transition between batches more seamless.
- After loading two additional batches of images we could stop infinite scroll with a "Load more" button in order to allow users to access the footer. After pressing on "Load more", infinite scroll would continue indefinitely without the load more button.
- While an image is still loading is there anyway to make the background color Base80 (#eaecf0) so the page doesn't look broken? Extra credit would be for us to look into a pulse type bg color animation between Base80 and 90 to inform the user that something is still loading.
During development, please test the following:
- Test this feature while logged in AND logged out
- Test this feature on at least one mobile browser