Page MenuHomePhabricator

Fatal error: Call to getFullURL() on null (in Wikibase repo EntityDataRequestHandler.php)
Open, Needs TriagePublicPRODUCTION ERROR



MediaWiki version: 1.36.0-wmf.1

Call to a member function getFullURL() on null
#0 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.36.0-wmf.1/extensions/Wikibase/repo/includes/LinkedData/EntityDataRequestHandler.php(365): Wikibase\Repo\LinkedData\EntityDataUriManager->getDocUrl(Wikibase\MediaInfo\DataModel\MediaInfoId, string, integer)
#1 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.36.0-wmf.1/extensions/Wikibase/repo/includes/LinkedData/EntityDataRequestHandler.php(244): Wikibase\Repo\LinkedData\EntityDataRequestHandler->httpContentNegotiation(WebRequest, OutputPage, Wikibase\MediaInfo\DataModel\MediaInfoId, integer)
#2 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.36.0-wmf.1/extensions/Wikibase/repo/includes/Specials/SpecialEntityData.php(156): Wikibase\Repo\LinkedData\EntityDataRequestHandler->handleRequest(string, WebRequest, OutputPage)
#3 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.36.0-wmf.1/includes/specialpage/SpecialPage.php(600): Wikibase\Repo\Specials\SpecialEntityData->execute(string)
#4 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.36.0-wmf.1/includes/specialpage/SpecialPageFactory.php(635): SpecialPage->run(string)
#5 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.36.0-wmf.1/includes/MediaWiki.php(307): MediaWiki\SpecialPage\SpecialPageFactory->executePath(Title, RequestContext)
#6 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.36.0-wmf.1/includes/MediaWiki.php(940): MediaWiki->performRequest()
#7 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.36.0-wmf.1/includes/MediaWiki.php(543): MediaWiki->main()
#8 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.36.0-wmf.1/index.php(53): MediaWiki->run()
#9 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.36.0-wmf.1/index.php(46): wfIndexMain()
#10 /srv/mediawiki/w/index.php(3): require(string)
#11 {main}


Occurred 3 times in the last several hours on the test commons wiki.



Request ID
Request URL

Event Timeline

jeena created this task.Jul 22 2020, 6:07 PM
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptJul 22 2020, 6:07 PM

Looking at the code, it seems impossible. Can you restart php-fpm in mediawiki nodes in beta cluster?

jeena added a comment.Jul 22 2020, 8:39 PM

I restarted php-fpm on deployment-mediawiki-07 and deployment-mediawiki-09 in deployment-prep. Let me know if that wasn't what you needed.

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-releng) [2020-07-22T20:48:17Z] <brennen> restarted php7.2-fpm on deployment-mediawiki-{07,09} for T258628

It still happens. By examining a bit I realized I'm extremely stupid. This isn't beta cluster (it's test in production) and also this is not impossible (so opcache corruption, it actually happens consistently). It happens when you request an non-existing entity in Special:EntityData in HTML mode (not json/rdf) which EntityTitleLookup::getTitleForId() returns null when the entity doesn't exist (in EntityDataUriManager::getDocTitle()) and that explains why doesn't trigger an error while does.

What I don't understand is that why non-existing item doesn't trigger an error in test wikidata:

Adding @Addshore who touched the config of this wiki recently (for entity sources) and @Tonina_Zhelyazkova_WMDE as this week's incident manager.

Jakob_WMDE removed Jakob_WMDE as the assignee of this task.Jul 30 2020, 1:29 PM
Jakob_WMDE added a subscriber: Jakob_WMDE.

Ok, so it seems like this bug has been there forever. Here is one occurrence of the same error in May:

Krinkle renamed this task from Call to a member function getFullURL() on null to Fatal error: Call to getFullURL() on null (in Wikibase repo EntityDataRequestHandler.php).Sep 3 2020, 7:40 PM
Krinkle updated the task description. (Show Details)
Krinkle edited Stack Trace. (Show Details)
Krinkle moved this task from Jul2020/1.35-wmf.39+ to Old on the Wikimedia-production-error board.