This task will track the racking, setup, and OS installation of dbprov2003.codfw.wmnet
Hostname / Racking / Installation Details
Racking Proposal: Should not share rows with existing hosts on A4 & B4 for redundancy. 10G required. If not possible, it should not share the same racks.
Networking/Subnet/VLAN/IP: Production network (where production mysql lives), 10G required for high transfer/backup restore to mysql servers.
Partitioning/Raid: Raid setup: Raid setup: Raid6 HDDs (create first so it is the first virtual drive-sda), Raid0 SSDs (create second so it is the second virtual drive-sdb). Both same options as the dbs- write back with 256K of stripe
OS Distro: Buster
Per host setup checklist
dbprov2003.codfw.wmnet: row D rack D4 xe-4/0/20
- - receive in system on procurement task T257550 & in coupa
- - rack system with proposed racking plan (see above) & update netbox (include all system info plus location, state of planned)
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - mgmt dns entries added for both asset tag and hostname
- - network port setup (description, enable, vlan)
- end on-site specific steps
- - production dns entries added
- - operations/puppet update (install_server at minimum, other files if possible)
- - OS installation
- - puppet accept/initial run (with role:spare)
- - host state in netbox set to staged
Once the system(s) above have had all checkbox steps completed, this task can be resolved.