In the existing search experience there are 3 ways ways to submit a search:
- clicking the search icon on the right
- clicking on a result in the dropdown menu that appears once you start typing in the search box
- pressing enter on your keyboard
Additionally, if you press the search icon (#1 above) without entering any text into the search box you are taken to the advanced search page (link).
In T255603 we have been discussing various options for the search button. I am wondering if we have any data on the usage of this button? I would be interested in knowing:
- what percentage of submitted searches are submitted via the button?
- how often is the button clicked with the search box empty?