This task encompasses the work to ship the new Vue.js-powered search experience to the initial deployment targets, the Beta-Cluster and Test Wikipedia (testwiki). These wikis are more forgiving audiences for in-development features. So long as the feature doesn't break development workflows of someone else, it is usually a welcoming place for change. In the case of search, as soon as it is usable, it should be considered shippable to these wikis.
// Disable the old search experience from Core. Vector will provide its own in "Latest" mode (v2) only. $wgVectorUseCoreSearch = false;
- mediawiki-config is revised with the new configuration
- The new Vue.js search experience is deployed to Beta-Cluster and testwiki but nowhere else.
- A brief announcement is shared on #front-end and #humansoftheweb channels just to alert folks that stuff is up.
- The error logs are checked for new errors on the Beta-Cluster and testwiki (review the chores page for links).
- The Performance team, Core Platform API team, and Edward are notified so they can evaluate in a production-like environment if wanted.
- Deploy to beta cluster on: TBD
- Deploy to testwiki and officewiki on: TBD
- inform editing, growth, and search teams prior to deployment
Sign off steps
- Make sure the appropriate dashboards are setup T250336.