This task will track the racking, setup, and OS installation of ms-be2057.codfw.wmnet.
Need By: Please note this is a try-and-buy test of the new R740xd2, and blocks the buying of MANY ms-be systems in Q1 (both codfw and eqiad). So this should be a high priority to get it racked and remotely accessible so testing for both OS installation, partitioning, and system testing can take place ASAP.
Test Server Notes: Please do NOT throw out the box for this host, as it is a try and buy system. We expect to keep this host, but until we are sure, we should keep the box in storage.
Hostname / Racking / Installation Details
Racking Proposal: 10G rack, no other restriction other than ideally a rack with the least shared ms-be systems.
Networking/Subnet/VLAN/IP: 10g, internal vlan
Partitioning/Raid: Setup identical to existing ms-be, namely each disk in single raid0 array. SFF/SDD disks must be the first two arrays (i.e. sda/sdb from the OS perspective)
OS Distro: Buster
Per host setup checklist
Each host should have its own setup checklist copied and pasted into the list below.
ms-be2057: B4 U 12/13 xe-4/0/10
- - receive in system on procurement task <enter task # here> & in coupa
- - rack system with proposed racking plan (see above) & update netbox (include all system info plus location, state of planned)
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - mgmt dns entries added for both asset tag and hostname
- - network port setup (description, enable, vlan)
- end on-site specific steps
- - production dns entries added
- - operations/puppet update (install_server at minimum, other files if possible)
- - OS installation
- - puppet accept/initial run (with role:spare)
- - host state in netbox set to staged
Once the system(s) above have had all checkbox steps completed, this task can be resolved.