We want to display more helpful block messages to users who find themselves blocked and give them a call to action. There are a few different scenarios for when a user might find themselves blocked. This task is to figure out the messages to display under all possible scenarios.
In today's engineering meeting we discussed:
- We should keep the drawer
- It should show a text version of the reason if its available.
- If a text reason is not available we'll show a link to see the full reason. We didn't decide whether the link will take the user to a new page or an expanded version of the drawer
- The reason field doesn't always have a reason, for example the template for anonblock.
- As @Esanders points out in his comment it is important to tell the user what actions they can take.
The actions that can be taken will depend on the block. Specifically the following properties of the block
- Is it an IP only block or a hard IP block (even logged in users would be blocked)
- Does the block not allow new users to create an account?
- Is it a partial or a full block?
- Is the user currently logged out?
We'll have to come up with messaging and actions for all permutations of the above properties.