This ticket relates to T189717: Better handle block reasons on mobile (specifically templates and HTML comments) which has some more context. We are making significant improvements to block messages on mobile. This has been brought up time and again as a problem for our end users who unexpectedly find themselves blocked.
This is important work and we want to make sure we can measure and highlight the impact we're having by doing this work.
- Log the following:
- How many times does the mobile block drawer display for end users?
- How many times does a 'call to action' display (other than 'OK')?
- How many times do users click on the 'call to action' (other than 'OK') (T259775)?
- How many times do users access the special page or the expanded drawer to see the reason (T259755)?
- We will use statsd to capture these numbers and we don't log the type of CTA.
This has been done in the past. Related task - T201719: Tracking blocks: Log when the mobile web editor block notice is displayed
Q: Do we have any of the past data still available?