Tasks split out from umbrella ticket T260816: VE Dialog on the Test Instance: Sidebar and Dialog layout/behaviour changes
For the sidebar:
- Remove trashcan from small toolbar at bottom right of VE sidebar.
- Update parameter list in sidebar
- The sidebar will display all parameters defined for the template (in TemplateData), not just those that have been added in the template dialog.
- The icon to the left of the parameter names is removed and replaced with an OOUI checkbox (unclear if you can use the entire widget, because only checkbox is clickable - see below). These are used to add and remove parameters to the invocation of the template, i.e. shown or removed from the main input section on the right.
- Required parameters should have a disabled, selected checkbox and cannot be removed from the template.
- Added parameters should have a selected checkbox
- Un-added parameters should have an un-selected checkbox
- Clickable area for the add/remove function is limited to the checkbox itself and does not include the name of the parameter. Clicking on the name of the parameters allows the user to jump to this parameter in the main input section on the right, and the cursor is inserted into that parameter's field (current behavior).
- Current behavior should not be broken: The two scrollable windows should stay in sync. If the parameter is clicked then it should jump on the right side, but if on the right a new field is in focus the sidebar should also scroll to match and highlight the current parameter.
- When a parameter is not yet added, then clicking on the parameter name adds it. Clicking on the name again though does not remove it.
- If template has no parameters, show 'No parameters' text instead of checkboxes.
For the main input area of the dialog:
- Remove the 'Add more information' dropdown at the bottom of the main input area, where parameters are currently added to templates. However, still allow this to appear at the bottom of the the main input area, if the user clicks the add parameter button in the bottom left menu bar.
- Remove the trash icons which show next to the parameter name when it's "in focus"
Ignore the search bar, this is implemented in T263474: VE Dialog on Test Instance: Search for parameters within a template
Parameter names: Body
16px padding between parameters and between param/template name