Requestor provided information and prerequisites
This section is to be completed by the individual requesting access.
- Wikitech username: Klausman
- Preferred shell username: klausman
- Email address: email@example.com
- Ssh public key (must be dedicated key for wmf production): ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIC70NjTsRUjZxH7bWPpRdaV8z9jD3RGnP25YbA4/DdN3 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requested group membership: analytics-privatedata-users ops
- Reason for access: New SRE hire
- Name of approving party (hiring manager for WMF staff): Nuria Ruiz
- Requestor -- Please Acknowledge that you have read and signed the L3 Wikimedia Server Access Responsibilities document: done
- Requestor -- Please coordinate obtaining a comment of approval on this task from the approving party.
SRE Clinic Duty Confirmation Checklist for Access Requests
This checklist should be used on all access requests to ensure that all steps are covered, including expansion to existing access. Please double check the step has been completed before checking it off.
This section is to be confirmed and completed by a member of the SRE team.
- - User has signed the L3 Acknowledgement of Wikimedia Server Access Responsibilities Document.
- - User has a valid NDA on file with WMF legal. (This can be checked by Operations via the NDA tracking sheet & is included in all WMF Staff/Contractor hiring.)
- - User has provided the following: wikitech username, preferred shell username, email address, and full reasoning for access (including what commands and/or tasks they expect to perform)
- - User has provided a public SSH key. This ssh key pair should only be used for WMF cluster access, and not share with any other service (this includes not sharing with WMCS access, no shared keys.)
- - access request (or expansion) has sign off of WMF sponsor/manager (sponser for volunteers, manager for wmf staff)
- - non-sudo requests: 3 business day wait must pass with no objections being noted on the task
- - Patchset for access request
For additional details regarding access request requirements, please see https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requesting_shell_access