This follows up the conversation in T257647#6431761
The folder structure is very confusing. The resources folder is typically used for assets directly shipped to the end user, however resources/skins.vector.search/App.vue and resources/skins.vector.search/index.js are assets that are built via webpack and shipped via a file in resources/dist.
In other repos where we've mixed webpack and ResourceLoader (e.g. MobileFrontend and Popups) we use a src folder to distinguish these files from the rest of Vector.
Having the resources and source files mixed can be confusing to developers not familiar with using webpack and is inconsistent with our other repos
- resources/skins.vector.search moved to src/skins.vector.search
- webpack configuration updated
- It should be logical from the names of dist which ResourceLoader module name they are shipped with (this appears to currently be the case)
- JS built via webpack should be clearly separated from JS that is not
- The resources folder should only contain files that are shipped via ResourceLoader and listed in skin.json