Potential updates to the grid by priority:
- Improving resolution of images while in grid to avoid blurriness
- Not allowing panorama / landscape images to take up more than 35% (?) width of a row by cropping the left and right sides. We could also show more of the image and crop less placing them inside of a gray box like we do for really skinny portrait images in the quick view while not allowing it be less than 80% of the height of the box
- Updating video results grid so that if there is only one result it doesn't span the entire width of the row. It currently looks like this:
- [Note: this isn't possible without getting layout info from the DOM, or building the markup in JS, so we're not going to do it for now] Coming up with a strategy to avoid having only one image at the end of the grid. Occasionally looks like this:
- Reducing width of quick view by 5% to make browsing the grid more functional while quick view is open.
*I imagine this ticket will take a working session with me (mwilliams) and whoever the engineer is, to share screens and work through a couple of these issues together to understand what is reasonable / possible for us.
These acceptance criteria are based on a conversation between Matthew and Anne about what's feasible right now, given we want to stick with CSS-only updates since anything in the JS that happens post-component-mount would cause a shift from the PHP layout:
- Very few images are stretched to the point where they're extremely blurry. Extra-small images are shown at their natural size, horizontally and vertically centered within a gray box.
- Wide landscape-oriented images no longer take up an entire row on desktop
- Video results are always the same size as each other, and a dangling result on the last line doesn't stretch to span the entire row
- The QuickView panel is 45% width of the results container on desktop (formerly 50%)