- Name of tool/project: Wikidata Query Builder
- Project home page: https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Query_Builder
- Name of team requesting review: Wikidata team
- Primary contact: @Lydia_Pintscher
- Target date for deployment: May 2021
- Link to code repository / patchset: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/g/wikidata/query-builder
Description of the tool/project: Client-only tool that builds SPARQL queries for Wikidata query service (https://query.wikidata.org). Users who do not know SPARQL can not make use of the powerful Wikidata Query Service and with that the full power of Wikidata. The Query Builder is changing that by providing an interactive form-like interface. It allows users to click-together a query visually. The Query Builder then generates the SPARQL code for this visual query for them. The existing Wikidata Query Service backend is used to execute the query and visualize the result. The tool only acts as a frontend and does not have its own backend nor state.
Description of how the tool will be used at WMF: We intend to deploy it as a subpage of the existing Wikidata Query Service at query.wikidata.org and link it from there. The tool will be used by re-users of Wikidata's data and editors to build SPARQL queries.
- https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/plugins/gitiles/wikidata/query-builder/+/refs/heads/master/package.json (https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/plugins/gitiles/wikidata/query-builder/+/refs/heads/master/package-lock.json)
Has this project been reviewed before?
No (only regular code-review in the team)
Working test environment
- Test system: https://query-builder-test.toolforge.org
- Local install instructions: Follow https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/g/wikidata/query-builder#development
Wikidata team at WMDE.