As someone who interacts with the Search Platform team, I would like to have more clarity on how tasks are tagged so that I can understand better the work that Search Platform team is doing.
As reported via email:
- #Search-Platform - Tag doesn't exist; Alias for #Discovery-Search
- #Discovery/Discovery-ARCHIVED - Is this still used even though there hasn't been a Discovery team since 2017?
- #Discovery-Search/Discovery-Search - What's the difference between this and Discovery?
- #Search-Platform-Programs/Search-Platform-Programs - The description says it's for FY 2017-2018, but it seems to still be in use.
- #CirrusSearch/CirrusSearch - Description says "Provides Elasticsearch-backed searching." So what's the difference between this and the #Elasticsearch tag?
- #Elasticsearch/Elasticsearch - No description except a link to elastic.co. Is this just for upstream bugs?
- decision is taken on what appropriate tags are
- decision is documented in https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Search_Platform/Process
- current Search Platform tasks are updated to reflect this new tagging proposal
- current Search Platform dashboards are updated to reflect this new tagging proposal