This task will track the racking, setup, and OS installation of deploy1002. This host was on the budget for this year, but instead was allocated from spare pool system
Hostname / Racking / Installation Details
This is already racked, so it will only need minimal updates from on-site.
Per host setup checklist
Each host should have its own setup checklist copied and pasted into the list below.
- - ops-eqiad apply hostname labels to fron/back of host
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing/firmware updates (this was outdated with old ilom user info and firmwares)
- - mgmt dns entries added for both asset tag and hostname
- - network port setup (description, enable, vlan)
- end on-site specific steps
- - production dns entries added
- - operations/puppet update (install_server at minimum, other files if possible)
- - OS installation
- - puppet accept/initial run
- - host state in netbox set to staged
Once the system(s) above have had all checkbox steps completed, this task can be resolved.