blockquote currently have a mix of styles that are not aligned to Design Style Guide, or their lack of makes them hard to identify:
- No border indicating a quote
- Top/bottom spacing dependent on the element inside blockquote
Vs SD's Flow reply in MinervaNeue
Blockquote styles were put into place in the Style Guide with orienting on MinveraNeue's.
Update DSG's by
- using 4px border left in Base80 #eaecf0
- It would result in 8px border for hrs, 4px for blockquotes and 3px for h2 underlines
- Changing color from Base70 to slightly lighter Base80, equal to hr and h2 underlines. The border is not the only information carrying element, therefore contrast question is moot.
- Adding 8 sp padding on top and bottom to give the bigger font (not applied in upcoming patches for reasons of diverse content application) a bit more whitespace
- Leaving 32 sp padding start and end as is
- Removing top and bottom margin from only-child and top margin from first child in order to get whitespace right.
- On https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:GitLab_consultation?useskin=minerva the blockquote should have same border and same padding in MinervaNeue and Vector.