We want to test the WMF's currently best performing banner text on English Wikipedia. The banners are based on last year's control banner.
- Both control and variant banner
- show the progress bar.
- include the campaign parameter file for 2020.
- From the 2nd campaign day on, an additional sentence is displayed.
- The variant banner contains the following banner text:
"To all our readers in Germany,
It might be awkward, but please don't scroll past this. This [day of the week], for the 1st time recently, we humbly ask you to defend Wikipedia's independence. 99% of our readers don't give; they simply look the other way. If you are an exceptional reader who has already donated, we sincerely thank you. We depend on donations averaging about € 22.81. [from 2nd campaign day on: Our fundraising appeal is displayed over [number of banner impressions] million times a day, but currently only [number of donors] people have donated.] If you donate just € 5, Wikipedia could keep thriving for years. Most people donate because Wikipedia is useful. If Wikipedia has given you € 5 worth of knowledge this year, take a minute to donate. Show the volunteers who bring you reliable, neutral information that their work matters. Thank you."
- The values for the sentence are calculated by CampaignProjection.
- Similar to the campaignDaySentence this additional sentence can be displayed conditionally.
- CampaignDays can be supplemented by getDaysSinceCampaignStart()