- Name of tool/project: SDAW-MediaSearch
- Project home page: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Structured_data/Media_search
- Name of team requesting review: Structured Data
- Primary contact: Anne Tomasevich
- Target date for deployment: TBD. This is mostly dependent on how in-depth a security readiness review is required for this project, given that it's existing code migrated to a separate extension.
- Link to code repository / patchset: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/admin/repos/mediawiki/extensions/MediaSearch (patch)
Description of the tool/project:
MediaSearch is a new interface for searching media on Wikimedia Commons with a Vue JS UI.
Description of how the tool will be used at WMF:
This code has been reviewed and merged into the WikibaseMediaInfo (WBMI) extension (see the commit message for the patch linked above for a list of the changes, e.g. swapping out CSS class name prefixes). The Structured Data team has chosen to pull this code into a separate extension for various reasons (increased maintainability and extensibility, lack of dependence on WBMI, clean slate so we can add a modern JS testing framework).
Wikibase, Elastica, CirrusSearch, WikibaseCirrusSearch
Has this project been reviewed before?
The WBMI extension was reviewed years ago, but this specific code has not been reviewed by the security team.
Working test environment
Structured Data team: manager Mark Holmquist, tech lead Cormac Parle