Ronseal. This will shave at least 1kb of JS off the Popups bundle.
The Page Previews codebase includes instruments and associated code for:
The instrument for the latter has long since been disabled but the associated code is still present in the build product that we ship to the user on very nearly all of mainspace pageviews on the Wikipedias.
- The Popups schema instrument is removed
- Associated code (e.g. configuration variable reading) is removed
- The documentation is updated
- The production configuration is updated
- The VirtualPageView and ReferencePreviewsPopups instruments MUST still work
Quick analysis, suggests the code is not being utilised and nicely organized: pageviews.js takes care of the VirtualPageView and is completely separate from statsv (For performance timing metrics) . eventLogging.js is the one we want to remove.
When implementing this, we'll need to work out if changes can also be made to changeListeners/syncUserSettings.js which seems to support the event logging.