The goal is to have an automated way of generating release artifacts of Wikibase and related software.
The process is meant to be automated to the highest possible extent.
- version of the "primary" software components to be released (e.g. git commit ID)
Release formats include
- tarball containing the source code of the software component (including the indication of the compatible versions of the possible dependencies)
- Docker container image
Pipeline steps (preliminary, subject to change):
- package the software component (create a tarball or create/add to a Docker container image)
- test correct functionality of the packaged software
- mark package as ready for release (e.g. with the release version/ID)
- publish release artifacts
- T267627: Create a "release pipeline" for Wikibase extension
- T267709: Include WikibaseManifest extension in Wikibase release packages
- T267711: Include ElasticSearch (for Wikibase search) and related software as part of Wikibase release packages
- T267713: Add SPARQL Query Service and related software to Wikibase "release pipeline"