One driving element of the new mobile banners is its headline. We want to test its effect on desktop banners. To make sure the banner height does not increase too much, we also want to tweak the banner layout. The banners for this test are based on the control banner of desktop-de-13.
- The control and variant banner layout is changed:
- The triangular shape of the blue box is removed.
- The left margin of the blue box is changed to what is defined as the right margin.
- The margin definition for the blue box (and the close button styles) in widths of up to 1089px is extended to widths of up to 1300px.
- The spacing after the headline is reduced to 0.5em.
- The variant banner's current headline is moved to the paragraph and its font weight is lowered to normal.
- The variant banner's headline is "Wie viel ist Ihnen Wikipedia wert?"
- In the variant banner the headline always uses its own line.