This task is about an issue where a comment someone had drafted using the Reply Tool was lost when they attempted to publish said comment to a page/conversation that was "closed" in the time between they started drafted said comment and when they clicked the Reply button.
- Open the Reply Tool and start drafting a comment with it
- Using a different account, "close" the section in which the comment you were replying to in step "1." belongs, using a template like Template:Archive
- Switch back to the account you were using in step "1."
- Click the "Reply" button to post the comment you drafted in step "1."
- ❗️The page refreshes and the comment you drafted in step "1." and attempted to publish in step "4." is lost. //See: diff=989736218.
- ✅Show a dialog that contains the following message and call to action:
- Message: Your comment could not be published to the most recent version of the page. To see the latest changes, copy your drafted comment and then use your browser to reload the page. [i]
- Call to action: Okay
- ✅Once they click Okay and reload the page, show the existing Reload site? Changes you made may not be saved. dialog.
- ✅Once they click the Reload call to action in the Reload site? Changes you made may not be saved. dialog, reload the page, scroll them to the section they were drafting their comment in, but do not open the Reply Tool or retain the comment they drafted.
- What should happen when someone attempts to post a comment in a section that is closed in the time between they started drafting their comment and when they click the Tool's Reply button? See: "Step 6." in ===Behavior above.
- See: T268069#6752823
- @ppelberg to ask @ProcrastinatingReader to re-try the workflow they went through that led them to experience this issue.
- "Expected" behavior is implemented