This task is about creating a way for members of the Editing Team and volunteers to evaluate the reliability of the vote detection heuristic originally shared in T259865#6655698.
This section can be completed once the ===Approaches section of the T259865 is completed.
1. Extend the existing comment parser
- This approach would extend the existing comment parser such that when you add ?dtdebug=1 to a talk page URL, you would be able to see where [ Add comment] affordances would appear on the page.
- Navigate to any page, on any wiki, where the Reply Tool is, and theoretically would be, available (e.g. pages in the talk namespace, pages in $wgExtraSignatureNamespaces, pages where __NEWSECTIONLINK__ syntax is present)
- Add ?dtdebug=1 to the page's URL
- Observe the following:
- Lines are present to show the relationship/hierarchy of comments
- [Add comment] affordances appear in sections where the "Detection heuristic" is met
- [Add comment] affordances do not appear in sections where the "Detection heuristic" is not met