We would like to replace the existing MobileFrontend implementation with Nearby.
- Name of tool/project: Extension:NearbyPages
- Project home page: https://mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:NearbyPages
- Name of team requesting review: Readers-Web-Backlog
- Primary contact: @Jdlrobson
- Target date for deployment: Flexible. Preferably January/February.
- Link to code repository / patchset: https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki-extensions-NearbyPages
Description of the tool/project:
Allows display of pages near any given location.
Description of how the tool will be used at WMF:
Will replace the existing Nearby page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Nearby packaged with MobileFrontend.
None. Only mediawiki core.
Has this project been reviewed before?
Working test environment
There are two modes to test planned for use in production:
(default no LocalSettings.php changes needed)
# Note that in production CORs requests will not be made - they will go through /w/api.php - this is just to aid testing. $wgNearbyPagesUrl = "https://www.wikidata.org/w/api.php"; $wgNearbyPagesWikidataCompatibility = true;