This task is about revising the behavior and appearance of the existing Discussion tool beta feature that appears in Beta Features.
Soon, the New Discussion Tool will be made available as a Beta Feature. [i] In doing so, the way the existing Discussion tools beta feature works and is described will become outdate for it will come represent the Reply Tool and the New Discussion Tool.
- 1. On wikis where the Reply Tool and the New Discussion Tool are available as Beta Features (e.g. fr.wiki), the description of the Discussion tools beta feature should read as follows:
Enables experimental talk page features: * [Reply](https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk_pages_project/replying) to talk page comments in one click * [Add new topics](https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk_pages_project/New_discussion) using an in-line form` You can customize these features in [Special:Preferences](https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spécial:Préférences#mw-prefsection-editing)`. Updates will be posted on the [Talk pages project's update page](https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk_pages_project/Updates). Please note: - Over time, new experimental features will be added - All of the features above may not be available at your wiki //yet//
2. On wikis where the Reply Tool and the New Discussion Tool are available as Beta Features (e.g. fr.wiki), the image that accompanies the Discussion tools beta feature should depict: 1) the Reply Tool and 2) the New Discussion Tool in a style similar to what's currently implemented [ii].
- We're going to leave the image as-is. If, at some future point, people come to find the "disconnect" between the Beta Feature's text and image confusing, we'll consider revising the image.
Note: a description for how the Discussion tool Beta Feature should behave can be found in: T270119.
- The ===Requirements above are implemented
- All ===Open questions, if any exist, are answered